African Minerals (SL) Ltd is inviting applications from interested candidates for the position of
Air Condidtioning Technician
This position is open to qualified Sierra Leoneans, and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. The deadline for all applications is Wednesday, 16th November 2011
This role will report to the Superintendent - Infrastructure and will be based at the Tonkolili project site.
Repair and modify a variety of equipment and systems that achieve regulated climatic conditions. This work requires knowledge of principles of air conditioning, the ability to recognize and determine the best method for correcting malfunctions and the skill to make repairs to a variety of air conditioning and cooling unit systems.
Specifically, the AC technician will be responsible for:
· Installing, recognizing the causes of faulty equipment, and making repairs on a variety of domestic and commercial refrigeration and air conditioning units and systems such as walk-in and reach-in coolers, refrigerators, deep freezers, evaporative coolers, attic and evaporative fans, and other equipment of comparable complexity.
· Use knowledge of the refrigeration cycle of a variety of systems to make visual, audible and mechanical checks for the proper temperature of conditioned spaces; the proper operation of different parts of the refrigeration cycle; proper oil levels; unusual noises; overheated bearings; loose connections; faulty insulation; frayed or loose belts, gaskets and pulleys; and other similar defects.
Qualifications and skills
· Must have formal trade qualifications
· Knowledge of the principles and theories of the refrigeration cycle, temperature measurement, the properties of several refrigerants, and the knowledge of the construction and operation of a variety of domestic units and systems.
· Skilled in servicing power sources, for example, tighten connections, make splices, insulate exposed wires, and clean and lubricate moving parts and they test for proper operation and replace items such as belts, fans, and fuses.
· Skilled in replacing major portions of various cooling units, such as compressors, condensers, expansion valves, float and service valves, thermostats, coils, and drive assemblies.
Minimum working experience:
· Minimum three years’ experience working with similar equipment in/for a recognised institution
Applicants with the correct experience required for the post, are encouraged to apply online through the African Minerals careers page at https://careers-african-minerals.irecruittotal.com/cac/home.aspx or by post to the HR Manager, African Minerals (SL) Ltd, 154, Wilkinson Road, Freetown, or by hand delivery to the AML employment offices within the mine lease area situated at Samaia Bendugu (Bendugu), Kafe Simira (Mabonto) and Kalansogoia (Bumbuna)
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be required to find accommodation within the township of Bumbuna or its environs